Friday 16 January 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge #2 - Three!


I bought a few of these little notebooks last year, from Asda I think, with the intention of decorating them as Christmas Presents for some of my neighbours over in Spain, but needless to say they are all still sitting in my craft room. I never got a chance to enter the first Sugar Bowl challenge due to being on holiday and I really wanted to use he wonderful sketch that Tiets provided for this weeks challenge but I just was not able to stick to the 3 rule on the DP, so I will just have to save that sketch up for another week.

As this is my first attempt at covering the from cover with cardstock and being able to punch all the holes in the correct places in order to fit it back onto the spiral I am really pleased with the finished project and will be having a go at this again. I think that this one will probably be claimed by my grandaughter Sophie.

Front of Notebook

Back of Notebook


I have used SU cardstock, 3 different sheets of Deja Views Little Ones DP and my 3 embelishments are flowers, gems and ribbon, Image is Sweet 'n Sassy from the Elizabeth Bell range at Sugar Nellie.

Have a great weekend. I am off to see a demo at the Papercrafts Boutique in Elgin tomorrow - the lovely Tracy from Funkykits is having a Bo Bunny demo - not exactly sure what she is making, but I am told that the Bo Bunny papers are to die for.

Karen x

20 comments:

Sugar Mama said...

What a delicious creation!
Nice to see you've finally joined us!!! And stopped jet setting (for the moment!) How big a thrill was that Craft Stamper???
Thanks so much for joining the second challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
You really are too sweet!
Sugar Mama x (aka Gayle)

Lilian said...

Karen, what a lovely notebook this is! I love it! Your colors and coloring are beautiful. Thank you for joining the Sugar Bowl and have a great day!

Macpurp said...

this is very sweet! very girlie for your grand daughter!
I might see you at the demo tomorrow, was thinking of dropping in for a wee peep.
love tina x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your notebook looks stunning Karen and what an amazing transformation. They make wonderful gifts and yours is so pretty with so much beautiful detail, Love how you have decorated the back too, Hugs, Nikki x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

wonderful notebook. It looks amazing! Love the outsdide too..such a great finish!
Thanks for playing along!
Judy x

Tara said...

This is stunning Karen, I really love it! Asda here I come, lol! xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so so darling, I love this.

Juliet said...

Gorgeous!! Beautifully coloured - what a fabulous notebook.
Juliet xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

What a gorgeous notebook Karen, I absolutely love it, and it would be such a perfect present! I have brought alot of notebooks to cover to, im going to get them out over the weekend, thank you for your inspiration here! hugs Linda x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous notebook! I have been wanting to do one also. Maybe this will be the push I need! It turned out gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining the challenge this time and hope to see you again :)Kathy

Anonymous said...

Sooo gorgeous, love all the details! and fab idea making the notebook!!
Thanks for taking part :)

Marlene x

CraftyC said...

This is just gorgeous Karen!
Clairexx

Sylvia Blum said...

Wow Karen, this is fantastic! Love it!

Rach said...

An amazing notebook Karen beautifully decorated. Hugs rachxx

Bev said...

Karen this is amazing! Such gorgeous colours and papers.

hugs Bev x

Lesley said...

OOhh wow what a fab creation!!! i love it!!! luv n hugs Lesley xxx

DillyDilly said...

Fantastic notebooks - they are so pretty Hugs Dilly

sugacatz said...

love the notebook. Fab. Lxx

Maggie Lamarre said...

very interesting !
Thanks for stopping by
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Maggie

Karin said...

Hi Karen,

what a adorable notebook.
i love the sweet coloured papers and image.

xoxo karin