Wednesday 14 January 2009

1st Card this Year and no stamping on it!



Well I have returned from my extended Holiday to Dubai and Spain and I am so happy to be back at work again!! (I don't think so). I have been so busy at work and catching up with things at home that I can't understand when I had the time to craft before I went away.

While I was away Claire that worked for me when I was at Barclays and her partner John had a baby boy - Aaron. He was born on New Year's Eve so he was a bit early as he was not due until last weekend. They are both doing well and I can't wait to see him. I sat down last night to make a card for them but really do not have any suitable stamps for baby boys - plenty for little girls but no boys. It was only when I was checking out some of the challenge sites that I found that Stamp Something had a challenge to make a card without using amy stamps. I had bought a few sheets of images to cut out from Panduro ages ago and have never got round to using them so I managed to make a card with some of these bits and pieces along with some wording cut on the cricut. I am really pleased with the finished card and it certainly made a change from stamping.

I had decorated the back and also the inside of the card, but unfortnuately the pic of the inside has not come out very well and I have already sent te card off. Here is the front and the back.



Today is the first real chance that I have had to catch up with my blog and the world of bloggers and I have received some lovely awards while I have been away. To the ladies concerned I just wanted to let you know that I have not deliberatly ignored you it is just that I had not realised until yesterday that you had all been so kind as to send these to me.

I will try to post a message with these awards later this afternoon or evening along with some other exciting news.

It's great to be back to my blogging world - just need the craft time now.

6 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Yeah, great to have you back. Loving this baby card Karen. Love the shading. Fantastic.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh so so cute.

Tara said...

Such a sweet card Karen, I love it! xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super sweet card! Love the paper and the chipboard letters. Thanks for playing. :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh this is just so adorable Karen, I just adore your sweet baby card. Love your photo's too and isn't it great to be home to dull and depressing weather.. Roll on Spring! Hugs, Nikki x

Rach said...

aww this is so sweet!
Hugs rachxx