Sunday 18 January 2009

A Spoonful of Sugar with Friday's Sketch

After Tracy's demo at Papercrafts in Elgin on Saturday morning I called in past Tesco to pick up some emery boards as after seeing Tracy using them when covering chipboard I decided that I REALLY NEEDED some. Unfortunately Tesco had run out, but I did manage to pick up some of these CD posting boxes which were reduced to 25p each. After decorating the notebook earlier in the week I now decided that I need to alter anything and everything.

Front of Box


To cover this box I have followed the great sketch my Murmur over on Friday sketchers and this project also fits in with the challenge at Spoonful of Sugar which is paper piecing. I have paper pieced the chair with some doodlebug flocked paper. I must admit that this project probably took a lot longer than I had intended it to as I decided to completely cover the whole box as well as decorating the front and the back, but I am really pleased with it and now have another 4 to do!

Back of Box


Blank Box


Chair stamp by Whiff of Joy, Magnolia image, papers Urban Prairie by Basic Grey and Doodlebug, flowers by prima, flourishes are Quickutz, embelishments from my stash.

Karen x

10 comments:

Bev said...

What a fabulous project you have made Karen, gorgeous!

hugs Bev x

Sue said...

gorgeous card, lovely colours, sue.x

Tara said...

I'm not surprised you're pleased with this Karen, it's so clever! I love Tilda sat in the chair too, so cute! xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow apsolutly fabulous ,brilliant work xxx fab affect ,love it ,hugs Dawnxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your have decorated it so beautifully Karen and love the paper piecing, Your handmade by stamp is so pretty, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Anki said...

Beautiful project! I wish we had those Cosco's here in Sweden as well ;-)Now I do hope that you would like to participate in this weeks RoP Challenge. I think you would do great there. Kramar - Anki

Victoria said...

Ooooh fab box! Can you let me know the address for sugar nellie. I want to send them some cards I have made with the stamps I was sent as guest designer but I'm not sure where to send them to! Thanks hun.
Hugs, Vicky x

Macpurp said...

this is beautiful!
I never managed up on Saturday.
I love demos at the shop.
love tina x

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wow.... This truly is Fabulous. Who would have ever thought? You are "Crafty" Karen!!
Guess what! I have an award for you on my blog!
hugs =)
Lynda

Karin said...

Great project.
Love the gorgeous images and papers.

Hugs,
xoxo karin