Sunday 25 January 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches DT call


The talented Dawn Batty is starting a new challenge blog.

Here is what she says about it:

I'm starting up Inspirational Card Sketches in order to share my inspiration with you.
First and farmost there will be no compensation at this time.
I'm looking for 6 designers who love creating cards.
Your term will be 4 months. Term is from Feb-May 2009
If you would love or like to be on a Card Sketch Design Team this call is for you.
Every Tuesday I will send you a card sketch one week in advance for you to work on. You however as a DT member will have to get your creations to me no later then Monday at 12:00pm (noon) Central Standard Time.
You will also get to embellish your cards however you want. My sketches are for your inspiration only. And to help others get ideas on how to use these sketches.

To start this call off I want you to make a card using this sketch below. Then I want you to
post it on your blog along with this call and leave me a direct link to your blog post in the comments section on the blog.

Here is the card that I have made as my entry for this challenge. I have used this cute little bear from CC Designs, papers are K & Company and flowers ribbon and other embelishments are from my stash, sentiment SU.

I got the Tags, Bags, Boxes and more cartridge for my cricut before Christmas but have not even had time to open the box, let alone have a play with it. Last night I managed to have a go with it and have made this little gift bag to go along with the card. I have followed the sketch used for the card, but due to the size and the embelishments I am not too sure that you can see all the elements on it. I am really pleased with how this little bag looks and am now off to see what else I can do with this cartridge.


This was a great sketch to follow - thanks Dawn for this. It could be used as a really simple card, but also gives the scope to use as many embelishments as you want.

I am sure that this challenge blog will be a great success and I wish Dawn good luck with it.

Karen x

P.S. sorry for the quality of these photos. I had tried taking some pictures of these last night but the light was so poor. I have taken these this morning and they really are not much better. I have now given my husband the task of sorting out some kind of area with lighting to take my pictures - he is a Press Photographer, so hopefully this is something he can sort out for me - I will keep you posted.

12 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

I am loving all these projects hunny, such a gorgeous image. Hugs Linda x

Macpurp said...

beautiful card and what a sweet wee bag!
is your dh Bob from the northern scot?

love tina x

Ali Watson said...

Gorgeous card and good luch with DT call too, not got the Boxes and tags cartridge yet but this looks fab, love both of them. Have a good day.

Gayle said...

Hi Karen
Will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Get the husband roped in...he can come and do mine, whilst he's at it!
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

Dawn♥ said...

Beautiful beyond words. Love how you used the sketch for both the purse and card. Yummy color scheme to. Good luck to you!

Bev said...

Wow, what fabulous projects Karen, love the little bear that you have used - he's so sweet. Gorgeous colours too - loads of luck with the call

hugs Bev x

Rach said...

what sweet creations Karen, i really like how you have the matching bag to go with your beautiful card. good luck in the dt call. hugs rachxx

sugarnellie said...

Super cute fella you have there, no not Bob but that wee dog from CC designs, not that there is anything wrong with Bob but cute is not a word I would use, now photographer is and I am amazed that you have not had a crash course on taking pics for your blog, we sure need one in at the House of Sugar, maybe we will pick his brains next time he is in.

Love the wee bag too :)

Tara said...

Your DT card is so adorable Karen, you must be in with a great chance! Good luck to you! xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous projects Karen, love the cute bear and your wonderful colouring. Good luck with the DT call. Hugs Nikki x

Tricia said...

that little bear guy is so cute. So how do you do that? I am stamp illiterate. I assume it is a stamp that you stamp, cut out, then color with copics or something?

Joey said...

Hi Karen, these projects are all so gorgeous, I love the colours and he is just the cutest bear. joey xxx