Wednesday 21 January 2009

Roses on Paper Challenge


The very talented Anki very kindly left a comment on my blog a couple of days and also told me about a fairly new challenge blog called Roses on Paper Challenge Blog which she has done a wonderful sketch for this week.

I had an order for one of my new notebooks and have taken the opportunity to use Anki's fab sketch for making this.

Front

Back

Papers are Basic Grey Euphoria (does anyone know where to get Basic Grey 6x6 pads - everywhere that I have been looking appears to be sold out and my stock of these is just about finished!),card SU, image Whiff of Joy and blooms are some of the ones that my aunt kindly brought over from California with her when she visited last year - thanks again Alice. Charms and ribbon from my stash.

Really enjoyed this sketch and will be keeping an eye on this great new challenge blog.

Thanks for looking

Karen x

15 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Stunning notebook Karen. Gorgeous papers and colouring. Have a lovely day.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh wow what an amazing note book ,stunning work ,love it ,hugs Dawnxxx
hope you are ok xxx

Macpurp said...

this is beautiful!

basic grey 6 x6 there were some at www.theglitterpot.co.uk
and http://www.charmedcardsandcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/Basic_Grey_Collection.html

I love that sketch. will try to have a go at this one too.
love tina x

Anki said...

So happy to see that you wanted to play along! Wonderful notebook! And also - thank you so much for your sweet comments. I am so looking fwd to see what you will be doing next. Kram - Anki

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh so pretty Karen and love your gorgeous note book, Such yummy papers and love the sweet charms, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Karen this is absolutely gorgeous, what a lovely gift for someone! hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous and the image is just so cute. I just love your colouring (what did you use?) and layout. Lovely!

Thanks for the inspiration. Fab blog.

Debbie
:-)

Sonia said...

Great Karen love it :) Oh no not another challenge site lol.. I really need to do some of the challenges, not enough hours in the day..
Sonia xx

Rach said...

love how you have used the sketch to create the front page of your note book.looks delish. hugs rachxx

gina g said...

Wow its gorgeous Karen love it. gina xx

I have left something for you on my blog. luv gina xx

Bev said...

Absolutley fantastic Karen, I love those papers as well the colours are so beautiful.

Try The Hobby House, Jill sent me a couple of these pads last week

hugs Bev x

Caroline said...

Stunning Karen! There are 2 awards for you on my blog

Andrea said...

Great idea and beautiful notebook

Liza said...

Fabulous note book Karen, I love all the detail.

Liza x

stampingtink said...

She's just adorable! Wow, what a great project! I love everything about it, especially the ribbon on the rings. Thanks so much for joining our challenge and good luck!