Friday 3 July 2009

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge 14 - Embossing


At Dare U2 Digi Stamp this week we have a great challenge for you which is embossing. It can ve wet or dry embossing or both if you like and if you check out the blog you will see the fabulous ideas that the DT have come up with this week.

I have used one of the digi images that I got from Nikki's online store which you can find Here this cute little girl with her bunny is one of a set of 3 from Scrapmagasinet. I also had the excuse this week to bring out my cuttlebug embossing folders which I really do not use enough. For the first time I have used one of these folders on some DP as I usually only use them with cardstock and I am really impressed with the subtle results that I got from this. The DP is K&C Sparkly Sweet and the flowers are by prima. I have used this week's fab sketch at Our Creative Corner and this card also fits the challenge at ScrapMagasinet which is to use flowers on your card.

We had horrendous thunder and rain as I left the office last night to catch my usual train that takes 40 minutes and gets me home at 6pm. I was drenched by the time I reached the station, lightening had hit the signals and the trains were all stuck in the station. To cut a long story short, I eventually got home at 9.40pm. - not a happy bunny!!!

On a happier note, I am heading off to Glasgow tomorrow to see The Eagles in concert tomorrow night - can't wait.
Have a lovely weekend.
Karen x

10 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

You poor thing, getting home late after leaving on time is so frustrating. Lovely card. Kim

Sonia said...

Great card Karen, so pretty.
Have a great time at the Eagkes concert,lucky girl .
Hugs Sonia x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fab card Karen, love the image and your colouring and lo is beautiful. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Karen,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Caroline said...

gorgeous girly card Karen love the sweet image tooxx

Chris said...

Fantastic card Karen and I love the effect of embossing patterned paper too, I agree it's a lovely subtle effect. Hope you recovered from that awful train journey, just getting home to go off again isn't good! I'm pea green with envy that you're off to see the Eages, one of my all time fave bands. I hope you have a great time. Chris xx

Sandra said...

No fun arriving home in the middle of the night (well nearly anyway ;o)
Love your card. So fresh and funky.
Enjoy your concert!! who are you going to see again?? looking at your comments it could be 'The Eagkes' or 'The Eages'. Did make me smile :o)
Have fun!
Sandra x

Larissa said...

Lovely card Karen. Very cute image.
Enjoy your concert!
Hugs,
Larissa

Donna said...

Hi Karen, lovely card, its so bright and colourful and such a cute image. Your train journey home sounds like my worst nightmare, now I know why I don't commute! Hope you enjoy your Eagles concert....take it easy! :) Donna x

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful Card!! Thanks for joining our challenge. Good Luck!!